At Sovereign Sports, we specialise in designing and installing high-performance acrylic tennis courts for clubs, schools, local authorities and private residences across the South East. With over 40 years of experience, we combine expert knowledge with a passion for service to deliver high-quality tennis courts that exceed expectations. Whether this is building a court from scratch, retrofitting floodlighting, or fencing, or conducting routine tennis court maintenance and surfacing checks, Sovereign Sports can help.
All our acrylic tennis court installations are conducted in strict accordance with SAPCA codes of practice, as well as our own strict health and safety standards, for your peace of mind. Acrylic tennis courts (or hard courts) are arguably the most versatile, proving suitable for indoor or outdoor use. Most worldwide tennis tournaments are played on hard acrylic courts, while artificial clay and grass courts also have their place.
Acrylic as a surface offers numerous advantages as a tennis court material, with many professional players and enthusiasts preferring it to other options. Whether opting for non-porous acrylic or porous acrylic courts, we can help.
What do acrylic courts offer?
- All-weather playability – Acrylic courts can be used year-round with confidence, even in wet conditions. The impermeable surface prevents water from penetrating the court.
- Consistency – Acrylic is viewed as a consistent, medium-speed surface offering great solidity for volleys, groundstrokes, and bounce.
- Minimal maintenance – Professionally installed acrylic surfacing requires little ongoing maintenance and is highly resistant to wear. An occasional pressure wash is all that’s needed to keep your court looking pristine.
- Environmentally friendly – Acrylic tennis court materials are made from recycled rubber granules and water-based polymer coatings, which are eco-friendly and sustainable.
- Long-lasting – Our acrylic flooring systems are designed to withstand heavy, daily use for many years. These durable, resilient surfaces resist cracking and fading, providing a hard-wearing and easy-clean layer.
- ITF approved – We only use ITF-classified acrylic products, ranging from the SurfTech® Comfort Court and SurfTech® Cushion to the SurfTech® Polycushion, suitable for club and competitive play up to the highest standard.
- Flexible customisation – Acrylic tennis court floors can be installed, reconstructed, or resurfaced in almost any colour you like, from green and blue shades to striking reds, greys, and purples.
- The original surface is deep cleaned to remove moss, algae, and contaminants.
- The court is laser-graded to ensure a completely flat and level base for the new surface.
- Cracks and holes are repaired to provide a seamless foundation.
- The chosen acrylic system is applied by hand to exacting tolerances.
- Line markings for your preferred sport are painted with slip-resistant paint.
Our specialist technicians ensure every step adheres to strict industry standards. We also offer an extended guarantee on acrylic installations for complete peace of mind.
To help you get the most out of your new or existing acrylic court, Sovereign Sports also provides colour spraying, floodlighting, fencing and resurfacing, among other solutions to revitalise your court or playground area. Bring your old court back to life or install a new one with our acrylic court specialists.
Contact us today for a free, no-obligation quote tailored to your needs.